Experience Jeep Safari in Jaisalmer
The Golden City- Jaisalmer is located in Rajasthan, India; near the India – Pakistan border and at a close proximity to the Thar Desert. It is the home of a former medieval trading center, eminent mainly for its yellow sandstone architecture and safaris. The Sunshine and a never-ending stretch of sands make Jaisalmer a perfect destination for travel enthusiasts.
If you are inclined towards geology and Desert Safaris, this is just the place for you. Jaisalmer mainly offers two options for Safari.
Camel Safari– A bumpy ride on the ship of the desert, the camel, as it digs the golden sand.
Jeep Safari– An adventurous experience of playing with the sands of the Jaisalmer desert on open top 4 X 4 jeeps.
Special Attributes of Jeep Safari at Jaisalmer:
- The Jeep Safari starts with a visit to The Desert National Park or Fossil Park. A stopover at Sam Sand Dunes is a must for every tourist. It also includes a visit to Padholi sanctuary, which is a must visit place for travelers.
- It is a faster and comfortable way to explore the city. You can go along with your friends and family or in a group and take a closer view of the animals and click pictures more closely.
- It is an experience worth each penny spent as the desert of the Golden City is home to many species of birds like vultures, eagles, buzzards, kestrels, falcons, and harriers. The tour will take you to several photo-stops during the drive, along with mesmerizing sunrise and sunset views.
- A Jeep tour is available mainly in the evening or early morning only if it is pre-booked. The ride will cost approx. 900 -1200 INR per person. It includes 3-4 hour on the jeep, dinner + folk song & dance performances known as Gypsy music night.
- After the jeep safari, you can enjoy at desert camp with traditional dinner and musical performances.
Other architectural attractions to visit includes:
- Jaisalmer Fort, also known as Sonar Quila or Golden Fort.
- Cultural heritage display at Government Museum, established by the Department of Archaeology and Museums.
- Salim Singh Ki Haveli, constructed in the 18th century, mainly attractive for high arched peacock shaped roof.
- Patwon Ki Haveli, the most finely carved and the largest Haveli in the city.
While doing Jeep safari do not forget to stay hydrated in order to beat the heat and keep your cameras ready to capture the eternal views of the city.